10/03/2008

Celebrating Four Years

It's been quite a while since I updated my photography web site, and I finally got a chance to do it today. I can't believe it's been four years since I launched this site, back when I only had a crappy little Polaroid point-and-shoot and a passion for taking pictures of flowers.

The site and my photography have grown a lot since then. I now have an SLR camera, an official business, a few shows under my belt, and so much more experience. It always amazes me to go back and look at the first pictures I took that I was proud of, ones I framed and put on the wall. I've come so far!
To spiff up the site for its anniversary, I added sections for my mixed media collages and product photography. I hope to get more work doing product photography, because it is fun to capture the unique beauty of someone's handmade products. One of my first chances to photograph products was for my friend Megan and her delicious shop, Beaded Pathways. We had a great time in the park...she and my friend Julieann modeled earrings and necklaces while I played photographer.

Here's to another four years!

No comments: