12/13/2010

Walking My Path

Back in November I attended the Earth Medicine Alliance's first conference. The Bay Area nonprofit is just about a year old and this was one of its first public offerings. From the moment I found its web site a few months earlier, I knew this would be a group to align myself with. But it wasn't clear until I soaked up the positive energy of that conference just how closely this group would match my values.

After feeling completely alive and juiced at the conference, I decided to attend the annual members retreat later that month. We gathered at the edge of the continent where the Pacific meets the land. On our first night, as we participated in ritual visioning, a powerful storm blew and boomed outside, punctuating our intentions. The people gathered there spoke from their hearts, sharing their hope that we can bring back an Earth-honoring culture.

I left the retreat feeling full and knowing I'd find a way to help the organization grow and thrive. And last week I was accepted as a member of the board of directors. It gives me great joy to know that working with this organization is going to allow me to connect with many more people who share my conviction that humans and nature must be reconnected. I feel, too, that I've just stepped more firmly on my path. What a fantastic feeling.

No comments: