7/07/2009

Dream Conference Memories: Day Three


I awoke on day three with a big grin on my face because it was the day I'd get to see Penelope, a delightful woman I've known since 2003. We've only met in person three times, but we've had many meaningful phone conversations, and she illustrated my first published children's book. I have a big colorful room in my heart dedicated just to her (and it also holds her husband Colin and her wee one Veda). She is authentic, hilarious, supremely talented, and one of the dearest souls I know.

I love it when you see someone you haven't seen in years and it feels like you just saw each other last week. We fell into comfortable conversation over eggs and potatoes and continued with a trip to the pool. I got just four hours with Penelope and her family, but they were joy-filled hours. I hope I get to see her again soon.

As it turns out, I missed out on most of the dream conference on day three...all the workshops were going on while I was frolicking with the Dullaghans. That night I attended Victoria and Freya's dream group again and witnessed powerful dreamwork. I also connected with a photographer who is doing work connected with what I hope to do when I graduate, another happy coincidence.

After dream group, I attended the art show, a gorgeous display of dream art that inspired me to start creating art from my dreams. I've been thinking about doing that for quite a while, and this show, along with the artists I met, gave me the kick in the pants I needed.

No comments: