4/13/2010

Joseph Cornell -- Swoon!

My husband just told me about Joseph Cornell -- Lance was introduced to the artist in one of his classes at Expression.

I've fallen. Hard. Cornell's works are magical, dreamlike, delicate. He used found objects to create assemblages that capture the imagination.

Clicking around to find out more about Cornell led me to Joseph Cornell's Dreams, the book and Web site about Cornell's links to the dream world. Included on the site are some of the dream fragments Cornell recorded in his journal. It's all so inspiring! And it's making me want to pull out my National Geographic magazines and get snipping to create some new collages from my dreams.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Rachelle Mee-Chapman said...

Thanks for introducing me to this artist, and for stopping by Magpie Girl. It's so nice to "meet" you!

Cheers,

Rachelle