12/06/2009

First Photography Award


I am pleased to announce that I won both 2nd and 3rd place in the photography category of the John Muir Medical Center Aspen Surgery Center Art Show! The magnolia won 2nd place and the lily won 3rd.

This is a huge honor. It's the first photography award I've ever won, and it holds special meaning since Aspen Surgery Center is where I had my surgery this summer. It was enough for me to give back to the staff by bringing some beauty to the hallways...the awards are just icing on the cake.

Locals can view the show between now and January 15th. Park in the free parking garage at the John Muir Medical Center on Ygnacio Valley Road in Walnut Creek and take the elevator to the ground floor, which is the Aspen Surgery Center. Enjoy all the gorgeous local art hanging on the walls, including acrylic, watercolor, and oil paintings, photography, and mixed media!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Toni said...

Wow, congratulations, Katrina! I've declared today "Say Something Nice Monday" and I stopped by to tell you what a light you are in my life and how much I value our friendship.