4/03/2009

Leap...You Already Know How to Fly

I created this collage back in September, and somehow along the way I forgot its message. That's me in the picture standing at the edge of the cliff, looking out into the open possibility. Maybe if I had real blue fairy wings attached to my back I would not be so nervous about leaping.

I'm at a point in my life where part of me feels ready to let go. I want to shed old ideas, old messages I replay in my head that are lies. I want to fully embrace the new me, to embody her and feel comfortable with her. Right now I'm stuck in that painful, confusing middle space between the old me and the new me and I am here because part of me fears letting go. What if my wings don't work when I step over the edge?

But the thing is, they will work. And I will soar. And so, very soon, I'll take a deep breath...and jump.

1 comment:

Kenna Elizabeth said...

I sympathize with your transition struggle!! You blog is very interesting, and I love your photography-- have had you marked as an Etsy fave for a long time.

Very best wishes in taking the leap... and the ensuing flight.