11/27/2008

Grateful

I am feeling quite grateful for many things in my life right now. Friends. Family. The rain. My cozy house. The super-fuzzy and warm pj pants I bought this week. Being an artist. Being a student. Being surrounded by amazing nature. Having access to talented healers. I am truly blessed.

I've been so busy this week I forgot to update about the Sonoma show! It was an incredible gathering of talent. It's a miracle I didn't spend my earnings from the last two months buying something from each person's table. I hope Tara organizes it again next year.

I did pick up a kick-ass journal made from the cover of Madonna's first album. It was made by Vinyl Frontier, a fabulous shop that takes old record covers and turns them into journals made with 100% recycled paper. I can't wait to use it.

I also got a cute little four-pack of pins from Caitlin Kuhwald who creates some of my favorite art on Etsy. The pins I bought were illustrations of an owl, a rabbit, and two deer. She does portraits of people like Ira Glass and Audrey Tautou. There is something magical about her illustration style, and I'm so glad to have met her.

Now I have a little more than a week to prepare for my biggest show yet, the Berkeley Farmers' Market Holiday Crafts Fair. See that image of a tree in the lower left-hand corner of the postcard? Recognize it? It's my oak tree picture! I'm so thrilled that I am featured on the postcard advertising the show.

At this event I'll have a tent! I feel so official. It's definitely going to be a whole other world. I'm bringing out the big guns, kids. And I have a really good feeling about it.

No comments: