10/16/2008

Getting Ready

I had no idea how much time and effort prepping for shows would be. Of course, I've read about it in forums, and heard about it from other artists, but experiencing it is a whole other story. Last weekend I began putting together the note card packs I'm selling (which will soon be featured in my Etsy shop as well!). Here's what my dining room table looked like before I assembled them:
I am really excited about how these cards came out. I've mounted a lovely 4x6 image onto a 5x7 100% recycled-paper card that is blank inside. I think they will make delightful gifts. I have six different groups of cards, including food, trees, water, and three different flower groups. This is what the final products look like. You'll notice my creativity altar made of stones in the photo too.
Today I went to the EBAG site in Pleasant Hill to hang my giclees. I have two giclees hanging in the second site next to Daphne's Greek Cafe on Crescent Drive. I tried to get pictures of the display, but the sun wasn't cooperating. I do have images I took at home, though. I am really happy with how these look and I think I'm going to start offering these in my Etsy shop as well. I am definitely going to have them on hand at my art shows in November and December.

I can't believe I only have two-and-a-half weeks left to prepare for my first show...there's so much to do! But, although I am feeling the stress, I am also feeling incredible excitement about this new adventure I'm on.

1 comment:

Alison Du Bois said...

Best of luck on your first show ~ I'm sure it will be fantastic!
Alison